Monday, October 30, 2017

Elder Sorenson - October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween!

I hope your week was as busy and amazing as mine was! Please be careful tomorrow and eat a ton of candy for me, especially Reese's and Skittles!

To start off this week, we had a Seventy come and it was great! The choir my companion and I put together sounded great. I'm mad at myself because I forgot to record the quartet that we sang, but you will just have to take my word for it that it sounded great! In the meeting we had with the Seventy, we talked about a lot of things. The first question he asked us was, "What does the prophet hope of me?" Then he asked us, "What do your parents hope of me? "I really thought about those two questions and the importance of always doing my best to make my parents proud. I really believe that question can apply to anyone because we should always be doing the correct thing too make our parents proud.

After the training, my companion and I had the urge to work hard and find every single family we could and baptize them. We did exactly that, but the families all planned not to be home when we came. It frustrated my companion and I because we wanted to work, but every single appointment fell through. So we decided to knock on random doors and we found some great potential for this week! I also received a call to renew my visa! I can't believe it has already come to that! So I spent a good half of the day in North renewing my visa and it was fun to be with some of the elders I hadn't seen in a year!

We ended up having a companion exchange and I was with Elder Boltran for a day! So we work together and had a blast at the same time. We also drink 3 liters of Coke each but that's besides the point. I learned a lot about trust and the importance of teaching by the Spirit. If I don't teach with the spirit, I won't have converted investigators and whatever I say it won't affect or help them to change. 

So in my weekly letter, I want to leave you with a few questions to ask yourself, "What level am I reading the scriptures? "To what level am I in tune with the spirit? " "What level am I....?" Always have this question in your mind and make sure you are always living to your potential, because you are a son or daughter of God and He loves you. And I love you too! 

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

John 4:7-9, 20–21
"Love One Another"

English Bulldog that we might buy for Christmas! HAHA! Just Kidding! 

My companion! 
The exchange night when him and I drank 3 liters of Coke each! 

The exchange night when him and I drank 3 liters of Coke each!

No comments:

Post a Comment