Friday, November 10, 2017

Elder Sorenson - November 6, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Well, it’s sad to know that the Dodgers lost in game seven, but there is always next year! 

My Halloween this year wasn’t like last year when I was in the MTC. My companion and I just bought a bag of candy and gave it out to the kids that were dressed up, which was like three people the whole night. It is crazy how different cultures are around the world. It is crazy to think that this with my last Halloween in my mission, wow! Time flies!

I had a fun week though, I taught a bit during the week, but nobody was home Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Those four days we just walked in circles not finding anyone home because it was their version of Spring Break for everyone. Nobody works and nobody has school, so they all go to the beach or some other place for the weekend.

A spiritual experience I had during the week was during a lesson with a girl named Genisis. The rest of her family is Mormon so we are working on getting her baptized. We talked about the Book of Mormon during our discussion and the Spirit immediately filled the room. We testified of the power and truthfulness of the Book. After we finished, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. So this week we are going to teach her more and have her prepare for baptism.

My testimony of the Gospel has grown for sure. Before my mission, I never read the Book of Mormon regularly neither did I pray earnestly. I didn’t do what I needed to do to know the truth. Now, being out in the Lord’s vineyard, there isn’t anything better. I know with a surety that this is the Lord’s church and that I am doing the right thing. He lives and He loves me and you; through Him, we can be with our loved ones forever. In His name I pray and I testify, Amen.

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

2 Nephi 31:21   


A sweet sister in Ecuador FB Messaged Kim, Kyle's mom, these pictures! 

A sweet sister in Ecuador FB Messaged Kim, Kyle's mom, these pictures! 

A sweet sister in Ecuador FB Messaged Kim, Kyle's mom, these pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment