Monday, November 13, 2017

Elder Sorenson - November 13, 2017

Hi everyone!

These weeks are going by too fast! I discovered how out of shape I was playing basketball with the Zone. Neither my companion or I could walk for a few days. Ha ha! The mission really does change you!

A spiritual experience I had was with an investigator who is going to get baptized this next Saturday. His name is Luis, and he is so down to earth and loves the gospel. Speaking of him, I got to go to his wedding today which was awesome! Anyways we watched, “On the Lords Errand” with him and he loved it. Right after, he told us, “I 100% believe that Thomas S Monson is a true prophet of God. I just know it. “It is so amazing to hear an investigator say, “I Believe.” Sometimes it takes one lesson for someone to know that it is true and sometimes it takes months. It’s the Lord’s way and His time for people to know.

Earlier this week, we were teaching a sister named Sandy and she asked a powerful question, “How is the Book of Mormon the word of God? “With pleasure, my companion and I both testified of the book and promised the next lesson that we would go more into detail about it and invited her to pray. We visited her a few days later and started teaching what she had wanted when she stopped us mid week. She told us, “Elders, I know 100% that the Book of Mormon is true because I prayed yesterday and I got my answer.” My companion and I were just super happy and overwhelmed with joy that she knows the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

I learned to recognize this week, the power of the Book of Mormon and also, the power of the prophets. I know 100%, as well, that what I teach is true and I have really developed a deep passion and love for this gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the church and I love all of you!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

2Nephi 25:26


Wedding of Elder Sorenson's investigator!

Wedding of Elder Sorenson's investigator!



After party of the investigator's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment