Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Elder Sorenson - November 20, 2017

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe that I have been in this country for a year now! It is crazy to think back and see how lost I was, how I couldn't talk to anyone, and how small my testimony was. Now, I am fine with my Spanish and I have a firm testimony, but I still get lost every once and awhile. Haha!

This week was quite crazy because of the baptism of Luis. Baptisms are a lot different here. The missionaries here have to do everything or else it won't get done. We set up decorations for the party, cleaned, filled the font, set up everything, brought everyone, and even bought the food.  It was quite a hassle getting everything ready, but with the help and patience of the Lord, we got it done!

My investigator who was baptized is such a special person and I love him to death. His name is Luis and he has such a strong testimony of the Gospel. He told me something that will help me and hopefully you get through this life with happiness and joy. He said, "You members have something amazing. You might not know what you have in this church but from the outside you have salvation and exaltation with every family!" I really know that what he said is true and that I am a Disciple of Christ sent to Ecuador to teach and inspire people to want to learn how to reach exaltation and better understand what salvation means for them.

I learned this week the importance of patience and that, I, as a missionary am responsible to find, teach, and baptize. If I am not doing one of those things, I need to rethink and realize that I am not here to waste the Lord's time. I am here to make Him proud and do all that I can do to help build up His kingdom and I need to start with myself.

I can promise all of you that I am converted to the Gospel and I know these things are true. I will never give up what I have and I will never deny that Christ lives and that He loves every single one of you!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

2Nephi 31:14 - You know what you have so don't fall away from it.
Preparing the wedding party for Elder Sorenson's investigator!

The wedding party of Elder Sorenson's investigator!

Elder Sorenson and his companions singing Happy Birthday to his mom back home in California! #bestbirthdaypresentever
Preparing the wedding party - silly face  
Elder Sorenson's investigator, Luis, cutting the cake!


Elder Sorenson's investigator, Luis, baptism!



Elder Sorenson's zone enjoyed lunch together on Monday, 11/20/17! Hamburgers, French Fries and Coke!




No comments:

Post a Comment