Monday, February 26, 2018

Elder Sorenson - February 26, 2018

Wow!

So much has happened this week. It sure has been a long one, but my new companion is hilarious, so he made it a lot easier! Tuesday we finally got done with transfers after going to the terminal and back 500 times.

A miracle I saw this week was on Tuesday as well. As normal, all of our appointments fell through and we just started knocking on doors (ringing the doorbell) but nobody received us. After about 30 minutes, we decided to look at a list of the old investigators on my agenda. We saw a name and looked for the house. We finally did and knocked on the door bell, when she responded and asked what we wanted, we told her we were looking for “Elisa.” She hung up and I thought , “Oh, she doesn’t want anything.” Then 10 seconds later, she came outside to tell us to come in. I was very confused, this had never happened to me in Loja. We sat down and talked and found our that her husband is a less active member. She then gave us hot chocolate and bread, fish, rice and more things to cook in our house. Ha ha! What a weird visit. After we left, I stopped in the street and asked, “What just happened in there?” But none of the family are members except for the dad, so we are now working with them!

The next day we were on a visit when we looked at her phone and realized that our Mission President called us 22 times. We were nervous to find out what happened, but we had to get to the church immediately. We found out that the dad of one of the sisters in the zone passed away. It got very cold and quiet and I didn’t know what to do. We gave her a blessing and sang songs to her and did all we could as missionaries. All I know is that I am beyond grateful for the knowledge we have that our love ones will be with us forever and ever. It is hard when they pass away in this life, but it has to happen in order for us to return to God’s presence. I know that the family is the foundation as long as we are all united in Christ. I know that our loved ones, family members, neighbors, and friends will be waiting for us at the gates of heaven with open arms.

I love this work and what it has taught me about the priorities in life.

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

2Nephi 9:18










 




No comments:

Post a Comment