Saturday, March 10, 2018

Elder Sorenson - March 5, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Exactly a year ago, in my weekly letter, I wrote a scripture down that really means a lot to me. "I do not find joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren." There is not a greater joy in this world than preaching the gospel and witnessing miracles every single day. We can classify "success" as the number of baptisms you have, or the leadership positions you are called to or how many sectors you have been in, but that would be misunderstanding the word "success"; I am only successful when my investigator comes to understand the Restored Gospel and my joy comes when they make the decision of baptism in the Lord's church.

I know this to be true, that thinking of other people first and their needs will bring me more "joy and success" because they will finally be able to recognize the Light of Christ in their own lives. (Alma 17:4). I can't tell you how many times I have witnessed people change their own lives and bad habits just so they can taste of the fruits and the knowledge of the Gospel. I know this church is true and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. It has given me so much comfort and has helped me understand and know the Rock on which I have my entire foundation built upon, so that I may never fall. (Helaman 5:12)

I invite all of you, as you begin your Spring Break, to really think about the priorities in your life and the miracles you have witnessed. Also, to start reading the Book of Mormon. I testify that this Book is true and has helped me with everything during these past 17 months. I love you with all of my heart and hope that you can have "success" so that my "heart can be filled with joy".

Love,

Elder Sorenson













No comments:

Post a Comment