Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Elder Sorenson - March 12, 2018

Hi everyone!

Well this week, I started a new chapter in my life because after 17 months of being on this mission, I finally tried guinea pig! It is honestly not bad and it just “tastes like chicken.”

Here in the District we are trying to do something to help out all of the members. In Loja, the majority of the members are less active and it is really sad. Our district President gave us an analogy of collecting fruits. We, as missionaries, our collecting fruits and trying to find people to baptize. When you go and collect fruit, you place it in a basket. What happens if the basket is broken? We won’t want to put the fruit in there, right? It is the same with the church! If we aren’t helpful members, the missionary work won’t function! I can baptize 100 people, but if the members don’t take this convert in as their own, they too will most likely go inactive. The members are the basket, collecting the fruits.

Anyways, what we are now doing is sharing a really important message of Family History. I really love it! Before my mission, I didn’t appreciate it as much as I should have! But honestly, it teaches us so much about our history and where we came from. I invite all of you to start, or keep working on, your family history and make a goal of being able to take those names to the temple.

On Friday, we had an activity that went great. We called it “Candyland!” so of course, I made my mom‘s famous chocolate chip cookies! We tied the activity to the dream of Lehi and made the iron rod and all of that good stuff. But, it was so spiritual and made me really think if I was hanging onto the iron rod or not. The “iron rod” represents the word of God. So really, if I want to hold firm to the rod, I have to read and LIVE the word of God. It is the only way I know that I can receive eternal life and live with my loved ones forever. I love you all and invite you to hold fast to the rod and help your deceased loved ones find that rod to hold onto by doing your family history!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson
1 Nephi 8 & 11













No comments:

Post a Comment