Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Elder Sorenson - March 19, 2018

Hi Everyone!

I don’t know what is happening with time because I swear I just wrote you a letter like yesterday!

We started off with a powerful moment in my mission. One of the Hermana’s was chased by a dog and tripped and fell down a hill. We got a call to pick her up from the hospital and she had bruised and sprained her ankle super bad. She asked us to give her a priesthood blessing and as soon as we got done, she instantly became more calm. I feel so honored to be able to have this Authority to be able to effect ordinances and give blessings. Being able to say, “I am a worthy priesthood holder” is a blessing in and of itself.

We had an incredible activity last week. My companion is from Mexico, so we hosted a Mexican night! We had piñatas, musical chairs, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, and much more. The best part about it was that were over 100 people who showed up and there was no space in the church! We have an investigator named Dominique and last week she showed up to the church. During the week, we were able to talk to her once and she loved our message, but didn’t love going to church all too much. Here is where the miracle happened! She has a friend in the church and he brought her to this Mexican night and she absolutely loved it. Afterwards, her friend told us that if it weren’t for the activity, she wouldn’t have come back to church. 

This experience really strengthened my testimony of the power of activities and that everyone needs to know that we are normal people too. We aren’t always in a suit and tie, well I mean, other than missionaries! When we show love to others and how outgoing we are outside of Sundays, we really will have a ton more people who want to join our church.

I love this work and I really know this is the Lord’s church. I know that I hold the Priesthood of God and that I need to be worthy and obedient for the rest of my life so that I am able to be ready at a moments notice to give a blessing and help change lives.

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson








No comments:

Post a Comment