Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Elder Sorenson - March 26, 2018

Hi Everyone!

This week I had a lot of fun and really loved the mission. I can’t express to you enough how amazing this experience has been. I have grown spiritually in a way I never thought possible and I have come to love my Heavenly Father more than I could possibly imagine.

I have laughed, learned, cried, gotten angry, and even gained weight, but today I want to talk about something that has helped me through these last 18 months. LEARNING TO LAUGH has been my way to become unstressed and really feel the presence and love of Christ!

The mission is not easy and there really are days when you’re sad and flustered with many things, but those things are temporary - how you react to a situation when you are stressed or disappointed shows your real character. A really famous quote comes to my mind, “Come what may and love it!” This quote has really helped me see the light of Christ and laugh in every moment! I really believe that life is too short to be sad and frustrated. This is the life of happiness and laughter. Just like my favorite movie says, “Life’s short, start it!” 

Anyway, I invite all of you to be happy and grateful for every moment God has given you to laugh and experience the joy in Christ. I love you so much and I really know this church is true! It is the only true church that is eternal and that can seal our families forever to live in everlasting happiness together. 

Please watch General Conference this Saturday and Sunday. I promise, as you listen, the words you hear will help you to find happiness in your life. Our prophet and apostles will help you grow because you will better understand the purpose of the trials and challenges that you are facing. 

Love,

Elder Sorenson

*Please listen to this Conference Talk*
“Come What May and Love It”
Joseph B. Wirthlin
October 2008 Session


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng





















No comments:

Post a Comment