Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Elder Sorenson - February 5, 2018

Happy Birthday Aspen!
 
I swear, these days go by faster and faster. I don’t know what happened to this week. South America is getting ready for Carnival next weekend and there are people already starting by throwing water and foam on people. I mean, to get in the spirit, we participate too and have foam fights in our house all the time! Haha! This week is going to be crazy and I am not sure if I am going to be stuck in the house all day or not like we were last year for Carnival!
 
On Saturday, we had Antonio and Natalia‘s baptism! It went great and it was so special to be there. I am so excited for them and right now, we are teaching her brother and he seems to be super interested as well. I wanted to talk about the importance a baptism in the right way. It is like making a glass of lemonade. Lemonade require three ingredients; lemons, water, and sugar! Now, what happens if we don’t have sugar? Or water? Or lemons? Missing only one of these ingredients changes everything. It is the same thing with baptism. The 3 ingredients to baptism are
  1. Getting baptized by someone holding the authority of God (John 15:16)
  2. Being completely submerged in the water (Matthew 3:13-17)
  3. Having a proper and sure knowledge of the commitment you’re making....being an older age when baptized to know what you are doing. (Christ was 30 years old when he was baptized).
Now, it says in the scriptures that there is only, “one Lord, one faith, and one baptism.” I testify, as a representative of Jesus Christ and the church of Him, that we baptize with all 3 of the ingredients and no other church does. You can’t get by with two ingredients, you need all three!
 
I invite you to read and pray about what I just said so that you can know for yourself and follow the example of Jesus Christ! (Mark 10:38-39)
I love all of you so much and thank you for the many wonderful letters and prayers you have given me over the past 16 months. I know what I am doing is true. It is not only blessing my life but also, the lives of everyone. I am thankful to be able to teach in this beautiful city of Loja!
 
Love Always,
Elder Sorenson
James 1:5–6
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment